If you or your family need urgent medical attention outside of normal GP hours, Badger can help. Just call your doctors surgery as usual and follow the instructions on how to contact us.
Weekdays: 6.30pm to 8am the following morning.
Weekends: All day Saturday and all day Sunday
Public Holidays: All day
Our Primary Care Centres are not walk in centres; you must call first and will be invited to attend the centre by a clinician following a telephone consultation.
Please ensure you have the following information to hand before you call
- Patients name
- Telephone number
- Patients home address
- Patients date of birth
- Name of patients GP
1. Ring your doctor’s surgery
You must do this first. Your regular doctor’s surgery will provide you with instructions on how to contact Badger.
2. Contact Badger
A Receptionist will take your details and either pass your call directly to a health professional or advise you on a time they will call you back.
What happens next?
When you telephone Badger, you will be asked for the patient’s name, address and the reason for your call. A doctor or nurse will review your details and decide on the best way to treat you, which could be:
- Advice over the telephone
- An invitation to attend one of our Primary Care Centres
- Referral to a local NHS walk-in-centre
- In more urgent cases you may be referred directly to a hospital
What you can expect from Badger?
- Experienced doctors and nurses
- Efficient assessment
- Explanation of the problem
- Referral to other agencies (if required)
- Culturally sensitive
- Safe and secure service
- Disabled access (if required)